Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wide Awake

Have you ever had one of those nights (or ridiculously early mornings) when you wake up and just lay there? I had one of those tonight (or should I say this morning). At first my mind just slowly wanders around and then it starts racing faster and faster. All these thoughts start running around in my head. Some are welcome and I try to stop and focus on them more. Some are very unwanted and I try to sing a primary song to get rid of them. When that doesn't work I just stick my fingers in my ears and start singing "lalala, I'm not listening! I can't hear you!". Unfortunately Michael doesn't appreciate that approach as it awakens him from a nice sleep and he looks over at me wondering what in the heck I am doing and if he should seek professional help for me! I eventually just have to get out of bed and call it a night. So this morning here I sit in the living room, blogging on my itouch waiting for the sun to come up so the day can officially start (I feel bad making too much noise when it's still dark outside. I also feel guilty eating breakfast when it's still dark outside. I don't want to be on some TV show being the lady who gained 500 lbs because she started eating at 3:00 in the morning, but I AM STARVING!). Anyways, if you have ever had one of these nights/mornings, I am very sorry, but please know you are not alone AND if you are starving too let me know. I wouldn't feel as guilty eating breakfast in the middle of the night if I knew some one else was eating it with me!

No comments: