Thursday, August 19, 2010

Typing with my Toes

Today I am having to type with my toes.  Why you ask?  Well, I have decided to take on a new challenge.  Weight lifting.  Today was my first day.  I did upper body.  I finsihed lifting over 3 hours ago, but my arms are still weak and shakey (although very huge and muscley at the same time) so I can not control my fingers enough to type.  Therefore I am having to use my toes, another new challenge I guess.  Please forgive me for any misspellings.  My toes don't reach the keys as well as my fingers do!  Now, some might say I am crazy for doing this (myself being first to say it) but I have my reasons.  After much searching, pondering, reading and blood work, I have decided that this might be the answer I need.  When my last bloodwork came back clear, I was quite frustrated and slightly confused as to what to do next.  So I started searching foods (not eating, searching) and tried to find other ways that I could heal my broken down body.  I also started searching exercises and different things that could help me there.  Along with that I did some soul searching and decided that there was more I could do and that I needed to start doing it.  Weight lifting was one of the key things to help me.  It builds muscle (you should see my bulging arms after just one workout :) haha).  It also helps to increase energy (I think that comes after the feeling returns to all the body parts).  And believe it or not, wearing one of those skimpy bikinis actually helps you lift more weights!  Just kidding!  So after reading, planning, and talking to one of my weightlifting brothers, I started.  I was kind of nervous, I always stuck to machines in the past, they were safe and that's where the other "softer" people exercised.  Today though, I ventured over to the free weights and lifted right alongside one of those bikini wearing women!  It felt good, despite the pain and shakey movements.  I was quite proud of myself.  Tomorrow I get to go back and do the lower body.  I hope the gym has wheelchairs to take me to my car when I am done.  In the meantime, I have to figure out how to make supper with my arms still shaking.  I can't make anything with presice measurements, that could be disasterous!  I'm not even sure a bowl of cereal would work because I have to be able to pour milk into a little bity bowl.  Maybe I could learn to cook with my toes too! Another challenge on my list...

1 comment:

Katie said...

you are awesome! and pretty funny too :) Love you.