Thursday, July 1, 2010

It is there...

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

I got this quote from a friend the other day and I really liked it.  It made my mind race, my heart happy and it brought lots of things to the forefront of my mind.  Each sentence brought a different thought and touched a different aspect of my life.  Life has been so busy lately that it seems to almost be out of control.  I keep waiting for peace and quiet to catch up to me but it hasn't yet.  Today I decided to find peace myself.  While I was at the gym this morning I read a great article in a church magazine about finding peace and contentment.  It said to wake up early each morning (even just a few minutes), get dressed and ready for the day and then find a quiet place to pray to Heavenly Father.  After we pray, we need to wait and feel, read the scriptures or something spiritual for just a few minutes.  If we do that, we will find more peace in our lives throughout the day.  I did that this morning.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm babysitting today so that "finding peace" promise will be tested!

I have also had a hard time accepting the fact that I now live in Sioux Falls.  It was a hard move to make and one that I have not adjusted completely to even though we have been here for almost a year and a half.  I am constantly going back in my mind that this is where we are supposed to be and that there is a purpose for it.  That keeps me going through the days that I wish I were some where else.

Sometimes as I sit at home with my children and look at my "lived in" house (aka messy house) I begin to question my worth and abilities.  I compare and I put myself down.  I forget all that I have accomplished and all that I do everyday.  Yes, there is more that I can do, but I am so much farther along than I was 5 years ago.  My faith (although sometimes lacking) has helped me to reach higher potentials and become more of a person, mother, friend, and wife.  In those low moments, I have to remind myself where I came from and that I have the same divine potential as God because I am His child, created in His image.

That led me to my next thought and the next sentence - using the gifts that I have been given and passing on the love that I have received.  I have been given so much in my life.  I have received so much love.  I have had opportunities to love others and to share with others.  I hope that what I am giving and sharing is equal to all that I have and receive.  The wonderful thing about gifts and love is that the more you give, the more you receive.  If I share my God given talents with others, He will bless me with more.  If I pass on love to others, my heart will be filled right along with theirs.  It is such a wonderful thing!

Being content with myself is the hardest thing for me.  Being a mother has brought all of my short comings out of hiding and placed them on display!  I am very hard on myself, in all areas of life.  It is something I am working on and I am slightly better about it, but it is still hard.  There is so much more I think I should be.  But as long as I am doing my best, I need to feel contentment with who I am and where I am at.

Our souls need freedom.  Freedom brings happiness, because freedom comes from making right choices.  As we try each day to make good choices and choose the better path, our lives will be blessed with freedom and our souls will be allowed to sing and dance and praise and love.

It's all there.  It's available to everyone.  It takes work.  It takes dedication. It takes faith and humility.  It takes patience and obedience.  But it is there and it's there for all of us no matter who we are.

No comments: