Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oh, My Heck!!

Holy Cow!  I don't know if you have ever looked at the Pioneer Woman website or tried any of her recipes, but I do know that if you haven't, you should!  I have heard of her before and even been on her website, but I didn't think too much of it.  When I was in Idaho, Michael's mom let me look at her Pioneer Woman cookbook and I saw some amazing looking things that I wanted to try.  So, the other day I started exploring her website and saw some things to try.  I'll say it again - Oh My Heck!!  I tried the Tequilla- Lime Chicken (minus the tequilla) with the homemade tortillas (and yes, I used lard).  Then I also made the spanish rice, refried beans and pico de gallo, all from her website.  It was SOOOO good!  My kids think I should open a restaurant.  They think I am the best cook ever!  It was the most delicious meal I have made in a really long time.  It certainly beat the Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper dinner we had last night (of course stale cornflakes could beat that)!  Anyways, my suggestion to all of you is to check her out.  Not everything appeals to me, but there is a lot on her website to choose from so give it a try.  I am now a faithful follower for as long as she has something to follow!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've heard of her too, but like you, never really gave it a second thought. I might have to check her site out now!

Katie said...

Love her stuff. I really like her homeschooling section. She has lots of great info and supply suggestions. And her food is yummy too.