Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crazy Week

This has been a whirlwind of  week it seems.  It's not that we had that much going on, it has just gone by so quickly!  Sunday the kids started gathering the rest of their things for our trip. That took most of the evening.  Monday was school for the older ones.  The two litttle kids and I started Monday off with a walk and then the shopping.  That afternoon I had a dentist appointment.  I dropped the little kids off at the barn with Michael, put a note on the door for the big kids and drove to the torture chamber known as the dentist office.  My appointment was at 3:45pm.  I got in at 4:30 pm.  I didn't get to leave until about 6:30 pm.  I had four fillings put in, one a very deep one.  She warned me that there would be pain and that I may need a prescription pain med.  Unfortunately I wouldn't find out until she was long gone and the pharmacies were closed anyways.  I spent the rest of the evening in tremendous pain. I have never felt that kind of pain before.  If I tried to move I would shake from the intensity and it hurt so bad I was sick to my stomach.  I have given birth to six kids, broken my tailbone, collar bone, and pinky toe.  I have smashed numerous fingers in numerous doors and had my pinky and thumbnail removed by my dad after they got ran over and smashed, yet the pain I was feeling was much worse.  Michael went and got me a thermo pack which helped a ton and he got me some motrin pm which helped me sleep.  It is much better now thank goodness!  Tuesday I took the kids to the park and tried to get laundry done.  Tuesday night the girls had church.  Michael had meetings so I had to take the kids and drop the girls off and wait unil they got done.  Then it was rush home, bathes and bedtime.  Wednesday we had playgroup and more laundry.  I also tried to get some of my own things gathered since I had not started packing for myself.  Wednesday night Michael had church.  I folded laundry, finished the kids packing (I hope) and bathed the kids and cut Zeke's hair.  Today we have a graduation to go to.  I have more laundry to do.  I need to finish packing my things and get the house cleaned.  I may also have to go help on a field trip but I' not sure...Hopefully the teacher will let me know soon :)  Tomorrow is the last day of school and the day we leave town for 10 days.  Energy levels will be extremely high with the kids and excitement will be through the roof.  All the last minute odds and ends will have to be done and then eventually the craziness will end and we will all settle in for a long nights drive (14 hours to be exact).  Glad the week is almost over but wish I had one more day to get it all done!

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I'm sorry about your dental pain! That sounds terrible. Have fun on your trip!!!