Monday, March 8, 2010

Unexpected News

I got a call from my mom tonight. I was expecting news that she had recieved my package.  Instead she was calling me from a hospital in Utah.  She has been having problems with her bood sugar (she is diabetic).  Her next appointment would have included starting her on insulin.  This morning she woke up with a pain in her shoulder going up her neck.  She was also sick to her stomach and she was having speech problems.  They were afraid she was having a heart attack.  They headed to Utah where all her medical things are taken care of.  They gave her an EKG and an MRI.  They think she had a mini stroke.  The doctor said if they don't get it fixed she will have a major stroke soon.  She will have to stay the night.  They will be doing more tests tomorrow, including some on her neck to see what all is going on there.  If all comes back okay they will release her tomorrow afternoon.  Obviously that is what we are hoping for.  If not they will admit her and do what needs to be done.  Anyways, not quite what I was expecting from the phone call.   Makes it really hard to be here right now.  I know I couldn't do anything if I were closer, but at least I would be able to see her. So to all of you who read this, please keep her in your prayers.  Thank you.

No comments: