Friday, March 26, 2010

How Many Times Do I Have to Say No?

Ha!  You think Im talking about my children, huh?  No I'm talking about Michael's old boss.   She called a few days ago with another job offer. The second time since October.  We've already worked for her twice.  It didn't work those two times, but now she's back again.  It's the same story with a different twist.  No one can replace you.  We need you.  Nothing is the same without you.  How would you like to live in Kentucky?  We're buying a place there.  We have new plans and a new goal.  WHATEVER!!  How about an I'm sorry we screwed you over.  Here's the $10,000 we took from you that you worked so hard to earn.  Here's the money from the raise we promised you and never gave you. Thank you for all you do for us.  Thank you for your hard work.  I was wrong you were right.  Where's that?  Ha!  Needless to say, we didn't take the job.  As I've stated before, we loved the farm setting.  We love the community of Hendricks.  We love Lincoln HI Elementary.  We love our friends there.  But we can't go back, at least not with her.  It always makes me stop and want to look though.  Even though I know it would never work.  There is so much I love there that I have to think about it for a day or two before we turn our backs on the offer.  So, how may times do I have to tell you no?  We're up to four times now!  We'll see if it goes any higher!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

W.O.W! I remember reading awhile ago when you said she asked Michael back. Again!?! That's just crazy! Good for you for saying no!