Friday, February 5, 2010

Three hour highlights

Last night I went to one of the beauty schools here in town and got my hair highlighted.  It is the first time since I moved back to South Dakota that I have had highlights.  Anyways, I got a very friendly stylist and she did a very good job.  One of the things that I enjoy about going to the beauty school (besides the price) is the fact that it takes SO long to get your hair done!  It takes 3 hours to get highlights.  I love it because I get to sit in the chair and do absolutely nothing! And I get to do it for3 hours!  I didn't have to feed the kids.  They had leftovers that Michael fixed for them.  I didn't have to deal with chore time, homework time, or anything else.  I got a great scalp massage and a new hairdo.  It was great!  When I got home, since the chores were done, I played Don't Eat Pete with the kids and put them to bed.  Then I got a nice big bowl of popcorn and a Diet Dr. Pepper for supper and ate it quietly on the couch with no little beggars gathering around.  It was lovely.  Don't get me wrong, I love my children and I love having popcorn nights with them and everything else that we do, but it was nice to have a break too.  It has been a long winter with a lot of time trapped in the house and a lot going on with the kids.  It was a much needed break for me.  I LOVE three hour highlights:)

2 comments:

Katie said...

hooray for "You" time! I would love to see pictures too!

Melissa said...

Nice! I want to see a picture too!