Thursday, January 28, 2010

A New Phase in Life

For the first time in over 9 years (and I mean a solid 9 years with no breaks) I am diaper free!  I don't have to carry a diaper bag anymore!  I don't have to carry bottles or sippy cups!  It has been so long since I could just grab my bag and go to the store without first having to load it with milk, diapers and wipes!  I feel so free and liberated!  Now just for safety I do bring pullups to church on Sundays but that's it.  I even made a 7 hour trip to Hendricks, shopping and a few other places yesterday with no accidents.  Huge milestone for me and my family.  So I say let's start the celebration! Bring on the cute bags and purses - I can actually use them now!  Seriously though, our family has reached a new phase.  Though Olivia is still small, we no longer have a baby.  I wondered what this feeling would be like.  I was a little nervous that I would get to this point and think it was time for another one.  But I don't feel that way.  I have always relied on Heavenly Father when it came to my family.  I turned to Him and tried to listen to His promptings.  I knew when I was pregnant with Dillon and wanted to be done, that I had a little girl waiting for me and once she came I would be done.  Two boys later my little girl arrived and I knew that I was done.  My body, though struggling more with each pregnancy, had done it's job and held out to the finish.  It certainly has it's battle scars to prove it.  A broken tail bone from the first delivery, stretch marks, extra weight, wider hips, a hernia and surgery to mention a few.  Our family is complete and now we are beginning to move through all the different stages.  At one point I had two not walking, another I had 3 in diapers (two times actually) and now everyone walks, everyone talks and everyone can go potty! It gives us more freedom to go and as they get older more time.  For example, last year when we would try to go swimming, we could only go for 2 hours.  They didn't open until 1pm and Olivia napped at 3pm.  This year we won't have to be back for naptime because she doesn't nap anymore.  Anyways, as much as I love my babies and watching them grow and change, I am glad that we are getting to explore a new phase of life.  It give us new opportunities and abilities and will be just as wonderful as the last stage - minus the dipaer bag!  So, as I said before, bring on the cute bags and purses, we are ready for them!

2 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Woohoo!! I think you made it through the hardest stage, although, teenagers could be hard too. Have fun with your new phase!

Melissa said...

I feel the same way too! You just put it better than I could :) I'm so ready to be in this stage, ready to go back to school myself, all that! And I hope you find a cute bag too, several of them!