Friday, January 8, 2010

Is there any room yet?

Last night was a long night.  We went to bed late to start off.  The kids didn't have school today so we stayed up late boxing, bowling and playing tennis.  Then around 2 am I heard Olivia calling for Daddy.  She stopped after a few minutes and I got up to go to the bathroom.  Just as I layed back down again I felt something at the foot of the bed.   I looked up and all I saw was a Dora blanket walking towards me!  Olivia had put the blanket on her head and somehow found her way into my room.  I picked her up and put her in bed with us (usually I don't but she has had a few rough nights).  She likes to sleep in between us and eventually she ended up with her feet on the pillow laying on top of the covers and she slept that way the rest of the night.  Around 6:15 Zeke came in and said he had a bad dream.  I told him to go get his alligator that he sleeps with (we got it when he was having nightmares about alligators eating him.  It giggles when you push it's hand and it has helped him sleep better).  He said he couldn't find it.  I told him our bed as full and that he would just have to go to back to his wn bed. A few minutes later I see the bathroom light go on and hear someone going potty.  Then the light goes off, then on, then off, then on, then off again.  Footsteps in the hall, a thump, then Zeke by my bed again saying he hit his toe on something.  Off he goes back to bed.  A few minutes later here he is again saying he can't find his bed.  I couldn't get up because of how Olivia was sleeping on me so I told him to make sure he was in the right bedroom  I reminded him that he had made his bed into a tent so it would be behind the blanket.  Off he goes back to bed.  A few minutes later, he's back "Is there any room yet Mommy?"  It was 6:40.  Michael got up to go to work so Zeke took his spot and went to sleep.  Michael came back home a little after 7 and Olivia woke up and went into the living room with him.  As soon as she got out of bed, he scooted over and put his arm around my neck and snuggled right up agais me.  Sometimes he just melts my heart!  Well, it is 10 am and Zeke is still sleeping.  He must have had a rough night because he never sleeps this long!

1 comment:

Monica said...

That is fun that you played dress-up. It does sound like a rough night. I hope it warms up for you soon!