Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Busy Day

Today we had a busy day, but a fun one.  Our dear friend Orville that worked with Michael on the farm in Astoria turned 91 day.  He is a wonderful man and at 91 still goes to work everyday and works all day long, even in this lovely South Dakota weather.  Well, he loves my homemade bread so we decided to bring him some for his birthday.  I started grinding the wheat before 7 this morning.  After I got the bread all mied and raising, I finished getting the kids ready for school. Then I put the bread in the pans to raise.  While it was raising I did my walking on the treadill.  Then I put it in theoven to bake.  While it was baking I showered and got ready for the day and helped Zee and Olivia get eady.  When the bread was done I called Michael to lethim know there was fresh bread and then I loaded Zeke and Olivia in the car for a quick (hour long) grocery run.  When we got home, I unloaded the car while they took a potty break and then we loaded back up and headed to Astoria.  We didn't even stop eat breakfast.  Thank goodness for granola bars and juice boxes!  We got to Orville's around 11:30, told him happy birthday and gave him the bread.  We visited for a few minutes and then we headed to the Johnsons.  Pam came over too and we ate lunch and the kids played.  A few minutes before we had to leave another wonderful friend came over.  It was fun to see everyone.  A little after 2 I loaded Zeke and Olvia up again and off we went.  We stopped at the school in Hendricks to drop something off, stopped at the vets in Brookings to pay a bill, went to the farm store for a potty break and a snack and got home a few minutes before the other kids got off the bus.  I made supper while the kids cleaned their rooms, we ate, they finished cleaning, Michael went to church, I put the boys to bed at 7 pm and the girls and I watched American Idol.  I am looking forward to bedtime and maybe some popcorn (not in that order) but it was a fun day and I'm really glad we got to see Orville.  He is an amazing man that has lived a long, good life.  You don't find better than him!

No comments: