Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blessings

Today I had the wonderful blessing of having to go out and buy storage shelves.  Why is that a blessing?  Well, because last night we got a phone call from a couple in our church.  He has been called to be a mission president and they will be leaving sometime in June.  They are putting their house up for sale next month and are trying to clean it out and get rid of stuff.  As a result they were looking for a family to give all thier food storage to.  They thought we might would be able to use it.  Holy cow!  They have so much food storage!  They have flour, sugar, milk, wheat, rice, oatmeal, potatoes, apples, juice mix, carrots, onions, pudding mix, hot chocolate, and tons of it!  We are taught  have a years supply of food. We had a little storage but not a lot.  It seems on our tight budget if I do buy extra for the storage, I usually end up needing it later and it never stays there for long.  Anyways,I bought a shelving unit that has 5 shelves on it.  Its 30 inches long and can hold the big storage cans 2 high, 2 deep and 6 long.  It's full and there is still over twice that much more to get.  What a huge blessing!  It is stuff that we need and we use.  They are also giving us 2 50 gallon water storage containers and a bunk bed.  I am so thankful they thought of us for all of this.  I have had a rough few days filled with frustration and self pity.  Having this happen reminded me that my Heavenly Father is mindful of me and my family and He will take care of us if we try to do what is right and follow the teachings of Jesus. WooHoo for storage shelves!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!! That is so awesome!

Spencer and Kimberly said...

That is really cool!