Thursday, December 10, 2009

The week continues...

It's just little things but I think I need a day out of the house...After Michael being gone all weekend, the week started out okay.  He took Monday off, we did a little shopping and took Zeke and Olivia to lunch with their Applebees certificates.  Tuesday the bad weather started and so we were stuck inside for a few days.  That is also the day my washer broke.  Wednesday there was no school and I got another washer.  Wednesday night Zane threw up. This morning Maddi threw up.  I also am babysitting all day today and tomorrow.  Today I spent the entire day doing laundry.  During one of my drying loads I heard some clanging in the dryer and discovered Makenna's ipod.  It is ruined.  I feel horrible.  I tell them all the time to empty their pockets and I was in such a rush to get caught back up with the laundry that I didn't take the time to check everything.  She just bought it 6 weeks ago with her money that she had been saving.  She listened to it all the time.  I can't afford to buy her another one, she doesn't have the money to buy another one right now.  It was just a little ipod shuffle that only costs $50 but that's huge to her.  Anyways, now I don't want to tell her when she gets home because I know what will happen.  She already is having a hard time with all the emotions and excitement of Christmas and her baptism.  This will put her over the edge for a few days.  Anyways, I know it could be worse.  I just feel bad.  I really need to go shopping and get groceries but I can't.  It's below freezing out there and I have sick kids.  Tonight we have swimming lessons. Tomorrow I am babysitting again.  Saturday we are doing pictures on the sleigh, then Makenna's baptism and then I have a church thing that night.  Hopefully everyone else will stay healthy so we won't have that to deal with too.

Sorry about the downer blog.  It's one of those days:)

2 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I'm sorry!! I wish you lived closer so I could help you out.

Emma said...

Thanks! I appreciate it. I wish we lived closer just so we could hang out and the kids could play! I think they would have tons of fun with each other:)