Thursday, December 3, 2009

Catch Up

We had a busy week over Thanksgiving.  I went to school on Tuesday to make bread with all the little kindergarten pilgrims.  They had made hats and vests to wear for their Thanksgiving feast.  Olivia tried them on when Dillon came home with them. 


We also celebrated Michael's 35th birthday on Tuesday.  Olivia loved helping hm open te presents.  I also spent the week cleaning, making fried pies, cleaning, trying to get everything ready for the 21 person feast and cleaning!  We had a fun day.  21 people for dinner and anothr 5 for dessert.  The food was great and the company was too.  Makenna invited everyone to come back next year! The next day Michael went hunting and then had to work so the kids and I stayed home and decorated the tree and put up all our Christmas decorations.  We did venture out that afternoon and went to Walgreens to get the Webkinz they had on sale. 



Saturday we headed to Hendricks to the parade and Santa Clause.  The kids loved seeing him and their friends. 





Sunday my class had to do sharing time in Primary so that was fun.  We talked about service.  Monday Maddi had her winter concert at school.  Zane had swimming lessons and Zeke and Olivia and I spent the morning doing errands.


Tuesday Zeke and Olivia and I went to the Kids Explorer Club at the mall. We sang songs with Santa and he read the kids a story. That night the girls had church. 


Wednesday we had play group at church and I learned to make hair bows and stuff.  That afternoon I took Maddi to the dentist.  She had a absess (sp?) and ended up having to have one of her teeth pulled.  When she came out she showed me the tooth in a little box they had given her.  I told her when I was little and had to have my tooth pulled I got a necklace to put my tooth in.  She looked at me with really big eyes and said "I got my tooth pulled?"  Must have been good drugs!  Last night I babysat for a few hours too. 



Today I had nothing!  I let the kids stay in their pajamas until noon and watch TV.  I made gunk, worked on Christmas cardsand folded laundry.  It was great!  Tonight the girls have swimming lessons and I have church.  Tomorrow Michael is leaving for Kansas.  He'll get back late Saturday night.  I have to babysit all day.  Tomorrow night Makenna, Zane and Dillon have their winter concert.  I also have to make 2 batches of cupcakes.  Saturday morning I have a baby shower to go to and then the week is over!

Now you are all caught up on life in the Christiansen home!  Does anyone want to come over Saturday afteroon and make Caramel and Chocolate covered pretzel rods?

No comments: