Wednesday, November 4, 2009

In Memory of Poopoo

After 9 1/2 years, my mom's cat, Poopoo, had to be put to sleep Monday.  She was very sad.  They had become buddies over the years.  She would always greet my mom at the door and roll over for a tummy rub.  Whenever my mom sat down, Poopoo would always jump up in her lap and rub against her.  In the mornings when the alarm went off she would jump up in bed with my mom.  She was always humming whenever she was with my mom.  She hated most people, but my mom, she loved.  Now, I really have no understanding of this.  I personally don't like cats - especially this one (I was on her hate list).  I have never had an animal of any type that I was attached too, so these kinds of emotions throw me for a loop.  However, in honor of Poopoo, I wrote a little something and I thought I would share it with all of you.  Hopefully it will bring a smile to your face:)

One day I lost my Poopoo. I was sad as sad could be. I looked and looked but with no luck. Oh where could Poopoo be?


I went into the kitchen where Mommy was cleaning and making lunch. I asked if she'd seen my Poopoo. Under the table was her hunch.

I looked but saw no Poopoo only crayons and some glue. Without my little Poopoo what was I to do?

I went in to the family room to ask my Dad the same question. "You might look under the couch for your Poopoo," was his only suggestion.

Under the couch was empty, except for a paper and a hat. I started to get upset. Where was my Poopoo at?
Next I went down the hall to my brother's room and asked him about my Poopoo. He said the last time he saw my Poopoo was in the closet by the shoes.

I looked in the closet next to the shoes but my Poopoo was nowhere to be found. I slowly walked out of the room with my feet dragging the ground.

Maybe my sister would know where my Poopoo was. I went outside and found her playing on the slide. She had not seen my Poopoo for quite a little while. She told me to look under the tree where maybe my Poopoo would hide.

I ran to the tree and fell to my knees hoping to find my Poopoo there, but only some needles and pine cones were lying under there.

I started to cry and ran to the house. Could my Poopoo be gone forever? I went to my room and opened my door and guess what I discovered?

There on my pillow in a nice big heap was my Poopoo laying fast asleep!

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Wow! We hadn't heard the news. Spencer's input - stupid cat.