Sunday, August 9, 2009

American Idol Fans

I don't know how many of you are fans of this show, but if you are you will never guess who came to church today - David Archuleta! Yes, my kids were so excited. They know him. They watched him on Idol and they've seen him on several of their Disney shows that they watch. I even got to teach him in Sunday School. Maddi chased him down after sacrament and asked him if he was David Archuleta. He got a big grin and said yes. Then she got too embarrassed to talk any more and left. Not sure what he was here for. One of the missionaries said he had some sort of singing engagement and he had a cold so he had asked the elders for a blessing. Who knows. Anyways, how cool is that for the kids to see someone that they know from TV and love, and see him in church? I know it probably is no big deal for him, but it's something my kids will remember. It just goes to show that all of our choices can make a difference in some one else's life. We don't have to be famous, we just have to be trying to be obedient. I wish they would have had him do a musical number! Kind of glad my musical number isn't until next week:)