Friday, May 15, 2009

Race Weekend

Tomorrow I was supposed to run my first half marathon. I have been training since Februaury. It felt so good to be running again and I could tell my body was getting stronger each week. Two weeks ago my kness started getting swollen and it hurt to walk, go up and down stairs and run. Unfortunately I ended up getting bursitis and I am not able to run for a month or so. I also can't walk, ride bike or anything like that. It is very frustrating. This is a goal I have had for years and this is the first chance I have had to accomplish it. I was two weeks away and had to stop. My knees are still sore. I tried walking last week and they got sore again. Yesterday I moved furniture and carried things up and down the steps, today they are swollen and sore. Very, very frustrating! Anyways, I talk to the racew director and he is saving my entry for next years race. Hopefully everything will heal and I can start running again soon. If I take it slower this time around, hopefully I can complete a half marathon soon. Since I am not racing tomorrow, we are going to a different race - the horse races! Yes, the season has begun. It will be nice to get out of town. One of the horses that Michael broke in Astoria is racing tonight and favored to win. We will watch that race and tomorrow 2 more horses that he broke are in the sale so we'll go see how they do. The kids of course are excited and packed as soon as htey found out we were going. Even Zeke found his backpack and filled it up with all the necessities. We'll leave when they get home from school and get back late tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I'm sorry about your knees. That is frustrating! Get well soon!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about your knees! All of that training! But at least you know you've gotten healthy and fit in the process. Hopefully that will help some :)