Thursday, April 2, 2009

Running

I ran my two miles this morning. The weather was great. Much better than yesterday. I am really sore so I'm not sure what 6 miles will bring Saturday. I love the feeling of running. It makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. It makes me feels trong. It makes me more aware of everything else in life. I am looking forward to the 10K in a few weeks. It's one more step forward. It's one more step proving to myself that I can do it. My body has been through a lot with 6 babies and one miscarriage in just over 6 years. Now it is gaining strength and even though it may not look how I want it to look, it feels good. I have heard through my life that being overweight means your lazy or your a slob. Not true. But when I gained all this weight from babies, I felt like less of a person because of things like that that I had heard. It has been very hard emotionally to deal with. All the emotions of my timid childhood over took me agian and I became unsure and self conscious. Now, I am feeling stronger and I am proud of what me and my body have accomplished together. I've given birth many times, I take care of my family, I've moved many times, I serve in my church callings and now I am running. It feels good. It helps me. I'm grateful for the chance I have to do it. I'm grateful for the support I get from family and friends and I'm grateful for the strength that my body has to do yet another challenge.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Bravo! You have definately earned the opportunity to do something for yourself. You are awesome.

Spencer and Kimberly said...

You should be proud of yourself for all you've accomplished. I look up to you because you handle everything so well - especially 6 kids so close together. You've gotta be someone special to do all of that!

Monica said...

I feel the same way after I am done running....while I am running I like to think of ways I can fake injuries....:)