Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sad Day

This morning I was going to write on here excited because I had run 5 miles, my most so far, but when I got home from my run, my dad called and told me that my grandpa had died early this morning. I know it is for the best and he didn't want to go through all the pain with his cancer and everything else, but I am still sad. As most of you know, I was supposed to go see him last month but ended up not going because of a snowstorm. Now the time is past and I am sad. He was one of my most favorite people in the world. They are going to try to have his funeral on Tuesday. My sister flew down yesterday to visit him for the weekend but didn't get there in time so my aunt is trying to get it all organized so they can have the funeral before my sister leaves. I will be fine, but right now I am sad.

3 comments:

Joyce Anne said...

I am so sorry about your Grandfather. I know what a constant and important connection you had with him. I hope you will find some peace in remembering all that is good in him has carried over to you. I love you.

Side note....Congrats on the run.

Melissa said...

I am very sorry to hear that! I hope you'll be able to make it to his funeral. I'm sure he knew that you tried your hardest to be there to see him before his time came.

Monica said...

I am so sorry Emma! That is sad to loose a grandparent.