Friday, March 13, 2009

It's Getting Closer!

Three very important things are getting closer:

1. I am so excited! They came to day and measured for the carpet in the basement. The trim is almost finished. Hopefully the basement will be completely finished next week. It will be so nice to be able to take all the toys back downstairs and finish clearing out the garage. I will so do a happy dance then!

2. I signed up for a 5K today. I run it in 2 weeks. It's part of my training. I am excited for it. It will be fun and I will get a new t-shirt. I'm almost done with week 3 of my 12 week training. Tomorrow I do 5 miles. I feel strong. I think I'll be able to do it. I've been quite pleased with my progress, considering I just started under 3 weeks ago. Before that I hadn't really run since the beginning of last summer before Michael started travelling. Now I am running 4 days a week, lifting weights twice a week and riding bike one to two times a week. It feels good and who knows - maybe I'll actually lose some weight doing it! Wouldn't that be nice?

3. St. Patricks Day! Now for all of you Irish people and wanna be Irish people, it can be a very fun day! Did you know that Leprechauns go to Target and hand out leprechaun socks before the big day so all the children can have cool socks to wear to school? I actually get them from the $1 bin but it's way more exciting if you tell them the leprechauns gave them to you. Also you can call the leprechauns to come to your house and make a treasure hunt for the kids. You have to do the right call - Leprechauns, Leprechauns come out to play because today's St. Patricks Day! Then the kids have to run into the house and hide while the leprechauns hide clues and a treasure. When the leprechauns are done it's time for the big hunt. The kids love it. They follow the clues until they find their treasure. My kids talk about it all year. They absolutely love it and they still believe that the leprechauns really come. This year we are going to do it a little different. They'll each get their own green bag with treats that they have to find. Then we make some sort of Irish food, last year it was soda bread, this year it will be scones.

Anyways, 3 fun and exciting things to look forward to! If anyone wants to come join us, come on over - you're all welcome!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats on all of your running progress! I've been sick all week and had to skip the gym every day, I feel like a giant lump. I can't wait to hear how it all goes! And the St. Patrick's day festivities sound like a lot of fun! We don't really "do" St. Patrick's day, but I'm not Irish so....