Monday, March 23, 2009

Be Careful What You Ask For

It might come true! As most of you know, I have wanted out of the nursery since I have been here. Not that I don't love the little children, I just wanted to be bale to meet people and I do nursery all day every day. Well, yesterday it happened. It was my lsat Sunday in nursery. The catch? Now I am the new Gospel Doctrine teacher for the adults. YIKES! That is the one job I hae always said I would never want to do because it intimidates me so much to get up in front of everyone and teach them about the scriptures and the gospel. One good thing is that I have have 4 weeks until my first lesson. So, my words of advice, when you are wishing for something make sure you spell out all the details otherwise you might end up the gospel doctrine teacher!

2 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Wow! Good luck with that! I am in the nursery, too. I feel the same as you at times. I also feel the same about being a gospel doctrine teacher. Scary. This is a good year to do it though. D&C would be fun and fairly easy compared to next year with the Old Testament. Hopefully you'll get released before then. Actually, hopefully you'll learn a lot about the scriptures and learn that you are a good teacher!

Melissa said...

Wowzers! Good luck with that, I agree, you do have to be VERY specific in your prayers ;) I can't wait to hear how it all goes. I'm in the nursery too! I want out of that...but they wouldn't dare give me a big calling like that when I'm leaving in 8 months, would they!?!