Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Another 3 miles

This morning I ran another 3 miles. I must say I was expecting it to be easier than last week but I was wrong. It was probably the hardest day I have had so far. I couldn't breath very well, my legs seemed weak and I think the hills got bigger over the weekend! Now today I am sore and tired. Luckily tomorrow will be a cross training day! I have been amazed at how much this running has helped me pay attention to the rest of my life. When I get up in the morning and do my exercise, it completely changes my day. While I am running I am paying attention to my body, how it is feeling, what my mind is doing, etc. I am able to change my self talk to get me through the workout. Then it helps me through the rest of the day. I pay attention to what I eat so that I am fueling my body properly and I can tell when I have eaten something I shouldn't have. For example, last night I had cupcakes (yes it's plural). I went to bed feeling yucky and woke up feeling yucky. Today, no cupcakes and not only do I feel better physically (except the soreness) but I feel better about myself. It also helps me keep the house cleaner and talk nicer to the children. I drink more water. I read my scriptures every day. I say better prayers. I shop differently, for me and the kids. I put on real clothes everyday and makeup. I still have a long ways to go and a lot of weight to lose, but I am liking the changes that I am feeling and the greater awareness of my body and what it needs, not just physically but also mentally, emotionally and spiritually.