Sunday, March 29, 2009

5K

Saturday I ran my 5K. There was quite a few people there. There were some pretty serious runners. I was one of the few not so serious runners that did the 5K because they also had a 2 mile run/walk that most of the people like me did. It was fun though. I did my personal best and shaved off about 30 seconds per mile. The weather was good, I actually overdressed for it and ended up extremely hot about half way through. Anyways, it was a good experience and the first time I have run one. I hve only been running for 5 weeks now so I feel good about my accomplishments. Next up is a 10K in April. Hopefully I will be able to make it there. For now I am focusing on the current task of 4 miles in the morning when it's cold!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I wish I had the drive that you do, I'm just not a runner! Good luck at the 10K!

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Good job! You're awesome!