Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Something for me

As most of you know, being a mother involves selflessness, patience, joy, love, teaching, setting examples, and many more things. It's easy to get lost in all of the duties that goes along with motherhood. For me, even though I am putting myself aside for a greater cause, I find that I get farther and farther from my goal of being a good mother if I don't find time for me. Lately, especially since moving, I have not been able to find "me" time. I have felt my frustrations growing and growing to the point of becoming overwhelmed with all that goes on. Today though, I did one simple thing and it is amazing how much better I feel. Thanks to the help of Stacey and John, I got a new pair of shoes for Christmas/Valentines and today I went out for a run. It felt so good (not good as in pain free, but good as in uplifting) to be doing something that was just for me. All day long I have been happier and more patient - I even made it through a full bowl of cereal on the floor with a full cup of apple juice soon following without being annoyed. And now, even though I can't walk because my legs hurt, I feel better about me and in turn I feel better about my role as a mother.

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I have also found that if I start my day with a workout, my day goes way better. You'll have to keep it up every day if you can!