Friday, February 13, 2009

Snow

Well today is the day I was supposed to be headed down to Omaha for my trip to Nashville. Unfortunately, Omaha is getting a huge snowstorm right now. The roads have already started icing over and the travelling conditions say extreme caution. Needless to say, I will not be going to Nashville this weekend. I am sad, of course. I know it will be fine. My brother called and said he got my tickets so that when my grandpa passes away I can use those for bereavement tickets and not have to pay a transfer fee although I may have to pay the difference in ticket prices. Makenna is excited I am staying home. Dillon is a little sad because he was wanting to sleep in my spot and keep it warm for me while I was gone. Hopefully he'll get over it! We made valentine candies this morning with the little melting candies and the molds. Michael loves those and so do the kids. Makenna says they are the best things I have ever made. I told her they would have to take me out to dinner for Valentine's Day and she thought we could go to Chuck E. Cheese. I don't think so! Anyways, that's the latest. But, we'll have a fun weekend at home. The kids don't have school and we aren't supposed to be getting any of the bad weather. Tomorrow we can make sugar cookies and decorate them. The kids will love that and so will Michael. Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the weather! At least you found out before heading that way and getting into trouble.
Thanks for checking out my little blog :) Happy Valentines day!

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I'm sorry you couldn't go. Have a great Valentine's Day!