Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Shopping

Can I just say how much easier it is to do shopping now? I still dislike having to load up the kids and unload them at every store, especially Olivia because she hates carseats and screams bloody murder everytime I put her in one. But, I can go to town and back and not have it take the while morning. When we lived in Astoria, I had to leave first thing in the morning, drive for 30 minutes minimum, go to whatever stores I needed to go to, and drive back home. If I forgot something, too bad. There wouldn't be another trip to town that week. We would go through a lot of gas during the month between shopping trips and church, which was 50 minutes away. Now I get in, drive for 10 minutes max and I'm there - AND I have more than just Walmart to choose from. But if it is Walmart I want, I can go to a different one each time and still not be more than 10 miles from home. I can go and be back in an hour or two and still have time to get things done before lunch. If I forget something, it;s not such a huge deal to go back later and get it. I know it doesn't sound too exciting for some of you who might be used to this convenience, but for me it is very exciting. I have so many places I can explore. Too bad the kids don't have the same enthusiasm. When we go they need to know how many stores we are going to. If I say more than 2 the meltdown begins before we leave the driveway. Then we do a countdown and they let me know if I am trying to sneak in an extra stop. One of these days, I'll get to go out on the thown by myself and go to as many stores as I would like. I won't have to stop at the bathroom in each store and I won't have to go down all the toy isles and push the buttons on all the noisy toys! I can even carry a purse without diapers, bottles and snacks in it (although the snacks do come in handy, even for the mom). Anyways, if anyone over the age of 20 wants to come and enjoy a day of exploring with me, let me know and we'll make a date!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Haha, I know exactly how you feel! After we left Rupert and headed back to Colorado Springs...boy! I loved that :) I have a Wal Mart not 5 minutes away out here!