Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Change of Plans

Yesterday, after several conversations with several of my brothers and Michael and my parents, we worked out a trip. I found a flight to Nashville that left early Saturday morning and gets back late Monday night. Michael has Monday off work and as long as the weather cooperates I can be back before the kids go to school Tuesday morning. Michael agreed to take on the role of single parent to five children for a wekend and I will take Olivia with me on a little adventure. All six of us siblings will be able to be together with my parents and grandpa next weekend. I am so glad I get to go. It was a very hard decision and I wasn't sure I should do it. I have issues with doing the wrong thing or doing something that may be hard on my children. Last night Makenna was already starting to pout because she didn't get to go with me. She didn't know where I was going or when but she was going to be upset if she didn't get to go. My brother told me it was alright to be selfish on occasion and do something for myself (not that I don't ever do anything for myself). I still feel a little bad about leaving and I'm not too excited about the early morning and late night, but I am so glad I get to go. As I said in an earlier blog, I love this grandpa a lot and it means a lot to me to be able to go see him. Plus it will be the first time in 3 years since all of us siblings have been together so that will be fun too. Hopefully all goes well with the flight and the travels to and from!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yay, I'm so happy you've been able to work out a plan!