Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Moving

Well, for those of you who don't know - we are moving. Each time we move it seems to be a bigger job. We ahve more kids and they have more stuff. Plus it gets busier each time we do it. We found out Friday and I have been packing and sorting ever since then. We sat the kids down after school and told them what was going on. They knew it was a possibility, they had seen the house and listened to us talk about it. There were still tears, especially from Maddi. I really felt bad for her. I kow what it feels like. I moved after kindergarten, 1st grade, the middle of 2nd grade and then again after 2nd, after 3rd, after 4th, after 8th, 9th, 10th, my freshman year of college, while I was on my mission my family moved so I came home to a new place and many times after that. I was always shy and it was hard for me to do so I could feel her pain (although I never had to leave as many friends as she is having to leave). She will be fine and so will the rest of them but for now it is hard for her. Yet, she is excited for some of the changes. I hope we don't have to do this many more times though. We are excited for Michael to have a new job. He has put up with a lot here and it is time to move on. At McCrossan's he will be in charge of the horses and he will be working with the boys. They have the big draft horses there and the wagons and sleighs. They go all around to parades, in fact they will be at the inauguration parade next week. It will be a good move for us we feel. They will be in an excellent school system in Tri-Valley. It will be three times the size of Hendricks school, so that will be a change. Right now they know everyone in the school. We had a family home evening lesson last night. They asked questions, voiced fears and concerns and we talked through everything. Later htis week we will go see the new school and meet teachers. Anyways, that is the latest news form us. We will keep you all updated as we go.

2 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Congrats on the new job! That would be hard to leave during the school year. Now they can have pen pals and get more friends! Good luck with the move. Wish we could help!

Monica said...

Good Luck. Moving is hard. I am really happy that Micheal doesn't have to work for that horrible passive aggressive Lori lady any more. When is the big day?