Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Another year has come and gone. Out with the old and on with the new, or so they say. Goals are set, plans are made. This year I'm going to do it. I'm going to lose my weight, clean my house so it is never messy again and so unexpected guests will be able to get through the front door and feel good about being at my house. I'm not going to yell at my kids. I'm going to get dressed in real clothes, not lounge pants, everyday and I'm going to do my hair and wear make-up, even if I never leave the house all day. Then we go to a New Year's Eve party. We don't stay until midnight but we don't get home until 11:30pm. When we left the party everyone was given late Christmas presents that NEEDED to be opened as soon as we got home. So we quickly tear through the presents, get on our pajamas and get to bed before midnight (11:50). Olivia wakes up at 4 am and then again at 6 am and then for good by 8 am. Zane, Dillon and Zeke rush downstairs to play with the toys they opened last night. Makenna comes down later and Maddi is still in bed although she can't be sleeping because Olivia is upstairs talking really loudly to her! So it's New Year's Day, the first day of my goals. I wake up tired because I haven't slept for very long. I eat almond bark covered pretzels and a Diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast because I am too tired to get out something proper. I am still in my pajamas, my hair is not done, I don't have make-up on. The house is a mess from all the boxes and wrapping paper, toys and clothes (they were also given hand-me downs yesterday) everywhere. I haven't yelled yet but I think that's because my voice isn't working yet. So, as you can see (hopefully you can't see, but I'm sure you can imagine) my goals are quickly on their way to being accomplished. Maybe next year I will go green and instead of using paper to write down my new year goals, I will just save a tree and not have any! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my fellow goal makers!!

3 comments:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Great post!!!

Katie said...

oh Emma. You always make me so happy and feel so much better about myself. New Years day everyone at our house slept until 11. Josie had been up and went back to bed. It sounded great, but then everyone was crabby ALL day. Good goals though, let me know if you figure out how to do it.

Monica said...

I hear you!
I agree with Katie. You always make me feel so good. My New Years resolution is to be half as good as you are!