Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Zeke

Zeke finally got to come home yesterday, not Monday as expected. They wanted to keep him in one more night to make sure he was doing all right. They did another blood test to check his kidneys. Some of those numbers were off so they didn't want to rush him. Tuesday monring his strep test came back and he had strep throat too. They started him on antibiotics for that. He did pretty good Tuesday. The cramping had subsided and his stool was getting more solid. He ate crackers and applesauce and drank grape juice. We finally got to leave around 6 pm. It feels good to be home and to have him home with us. It's a feeling I can't describe. We sure felt how much of a difference he makes in our family. I am so glad to hear him playing and running around again. Thank you to all of you who made phone calls, sent prizes, made visits and said prayers.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I am so glad that he's doing okay! I was praying for you all week, and wanted to just take you out to lunch. I bet you are exhausted. I thought I had a hard week! Hang in there.