Friday, October 3, 2008

Time Flies!

I can't belive it's October already. Last year on my birthday I went to school and read stories to the kids. This year they wanted me to do it again. It doesn't seem like that long ago but when I went to school Tuesday to eat lunch with Maddi I made appointments to come in next week on my birthday. Sometimes things get so busy, you miss what's really going on and before you know it, it's over and gone. The weather had turned beautiful again and we went to the park yesterday to enjoy the afternoon with friends. Today is clean up the house day. Next weekend is the big half marathon fundraiser. I can't believe it is time for that either. Things are coming along nicely but I am feeling the stress of trying to tie up all the loose ends and answering everyone's questions. We have close to 60 kids running so far and many more adults signed up to rn as well. We are collecting all our donations and the t-shirts are being printed. Anyone want to come run a 5K or half marathon. It will be fun! Next week we have our final meeting and then we go shopping to collect all the goodies and drinks. Friday night we will set up and hten early Saturday morning we will do all the finishing touches. It will be crazy busy, but hopefully we will earn a lot of money for our school. The kids are excited and we have people from all the communities around coming to support. I'll let you know how it goes.

As far as our loose tooth contest - Maddi won. Hers fell out this morning while she was brushing her teeth. Makenna is still working on hers.

1 comment:

Joyce Anne said...

Not that I could ever run a 5K (I would die) but I will be in Minneapolis for about an hour on that day. That is my layover spot on the way to D.C. I am so proud of you for the work you are doing on the 5K. I am sure the school will find all kinds of great uses for the money earned from this project.