Tuesday, May 13, 2008

One of those days

Do you ever just wake up and know it"s going to be one of those days? I always say that with Makenna you can tell from the minute she wakes up what kind of day she's going to have and what we will be dealing with as far as moods. Well, I've discovered that I can be the same way and today is overwhelming. Hopefully I can get over it the same way that I tell Makenna she needs to get over it! Maybe it's Heavenly Father's way of making me empathetic towards her and her moods. It's not as easy to come out of one as we might think! If anyone os going to be attending a beach party anytime soon I found a really cute idea for a snack. You make blue jello and put it in a new fish bowl then put gummy fish in it (after the jello is set) so it looks like a fish bowl or put the jello in tie baggies with a couple of fish in it to look like you bought fish from the store. We did it last night for family home evening. Maddi taught us about things in the ocean and then we had that for a treat. The kids loved it. Another idea was to put vanilla pudding in a cup and sprinkle crushed graham crackers or vanilla wafers ontop to look like sand. Then put in one of those little paper umbrellas and a gumball (for the beach ball) and it looks like sand at the beach! Cute, huh? I thought so.

1 comment:

Spencer and Kimberly said...

Those are some very cute ideas. We'll have to try them out sometime. I hope that your day gets better!!