Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A day outside

We had the most beautiful day today. It was around 60 degrees with a slight breeze. The boys and I spent almost the whole day outside. Olivia was outside too when she wasn't napping. The boys played in the dirt, on the swings and raced on their horses. I was able to edge around all the flower beds and the big dirt pile that the kids play in. This afternoon I started trying to clean up the shelter belt. It is going to be a huge job. I only cleaned out a 8'x4' spot and I got a huge pile of dead stuff and decaying garbage to be hauled off. It took almost 1 1/2 hours to do that. Now I have to go through with the cutters and cut out all the little trees and then rake everything. It will take all summer and then some. Hopefully it will look better when it's done. Tonight we went in to town and the kids picked out flowers for me for mother's day. We got tulips and snap dragons and a few other things to put in our flower pots. They each picked out what they wanted and we will plant them later on. They were excited to get to do that. I am hoping to have a few more beautiful days like this. It feels good to be outside after such a long, drawn out winter.

2 comments:

Joyce Anne said...

Emma, what or where is the shelter belt? I am trying to picture what you are working on outside. Thanks for sharing the blog. I love to see the pictures and keep in touch with what you are doing. Love you.....

Emma said...

The shelter belt is all the trees and over growth around the back and side of the house. I am trying to clear out all the garbage and dead stuff so it looks nicer around the yard.