Friday, May 2, 2008

Books




In their classes at school, the girls got the opportunity to write and illustrate a page in a book. The class decided what to write the book about and then each child got a page in the book to do. They practiced drawing the picture and writing neatly several times before putting the book together. Then they sent it off to a publishing company that printed the books in hardcover and gave us the option to buy. Each book has a picture of the class included in it as well. They are really quite cute and the girls are very proud of them. This is Maddi's second book and Makenna's first. When they get into 4th, 5th and 6th grade they will get to write a book by themsleves if it is a program that the school is still doing. I think it's great and it's soemthing that the children do that they can be proud of and keep forever.

3 comments:

Joyce Anne said...

Cute books and great idea....Makenna, I love the page you did. I also think your hair looks really cute with the bangs pulled back like that. Maddison, I liked your page a lot and love your haircut. I got my haircut on the very same day that you did. I will have to send you a picture.
Next time I come to visit you guys will have to read your books to me. I love you all lots. Emma thanks for the pictures. Love you too.

Katie said...

What a neat keepsake!
I am startled everytime I see a picture how different Maddi and Makenna look. I remember them as so little and looking so similar.

Spencer and Kimberly said...

I love that idea. It sounds like they go to a great school.